Learn the ancient art of bow building. In this hands-on workshop, you'll use a variety of hand-tools to shape, carve, tiller, and bend your bow to the point of being able to take your first shot. This course is the journey of the wood from the forest to the hand-tailored bow, in 4 days.
Beyond expert technical guidance, you'll receive a new appreciation for wood, as you "learn the language" for working with this beautiful material. Let the nature of the wood inform your creation process.
No experience is necessary… simply bring your passion to learn! Come on your own, or bring an inspired loved one to build one bow together (typically suitable for ages 14+).
2024 COURSE DETAILS
• Instruction and demonstrations, materials & tools
• Constructive analytical mentoring and group discussions
• A place to set up your tent
• Access to outdoor camp kitchen space to prepare your food and wash up
• Coffee and tea
• Delicious home-cooked dinners made from organic and local ingredients
• Access to beautiful land
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BRING:
• Your own tent, tools, camping and hunting gear (gear requirements vary, and a specific course-tailored packing list will be sent to you upon registration)
• Your own breakfast, lunches and snacks and mess kit