ANCIENT HUNTING SKILLS I
Do you dream of hunting meat for yourself or your family, in a way that honours the life you'll take? Do you want the skills your ancestors had in tracking the landscape, understanding what the tracks and sign are telling you, and connecting deeply to the natural world as well as your relationship with the food you eat? This course will truly empower your understanding of what it means to be a responsible and honourable meat-eater. And it will give you the formula and show you the skills you need to do so.
Through a combination of focused lessons, personal time on the land and hands-on "dirt" time practicing new skills, this course will take you through the arts of tracking, bird language, camo, sensory awareness, and tools/gear preparation.
2024 COURSE DETAILS
• Instruction and demonstrations, materials
• Constructive analytical mentoring and group discussions
• A place to set up your tent
• Access to outdoor camp kitchen space to prepare your food and wash up
• Coffee and tea
• Delicious home-cooked dinners made from organic and local ingredients
• Access to beautiful land
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BRING:
• Your own tent, tools, camping and hunting gear (gear requirements vary, and a specific course-tailored packing list will be sent to you upon registration)
• Your own breakfast, lunches and snacks and mess kit