Empowering Ancient Ways Update:
After many requests we have gone ahead and created a three-session format for one of our favourite programs – Empowering Ancient Ways – instead of a week-long intensive we have added an extra day to the already packed schedule and split it up into three sessions over two seasons to make it more manageable to digest. Of course, along with another day, we have added more content to the program and streamlined how we are going to deliver the training experience throughout the Spring and Summer seasons.
The core skills of this course have been brought together after much preparation and introspection as to how to incorporate the most well-rounded and universal wilderness wisdom and teachings into one week-long experience. This course provides the ingredients to enrich the life of anyone on planet Earth, from the most seasoned wilderness guides to wildlife biologists. These busy professionals yearn for the sanctity of the wild, or anybody interested in being thoroughly introduced to wilderness living skills.
Course Topics Include:
- Shelter, Water, Fire, Food
- Wildlife Tracking
- Bird language, concentric rings and the baseline symphony of nature
- Stone, bone, and antler tools and usage
- Tree and Plant Fibers- Harvesting, Processing and Preserving
- Tanning and Preserving Hides and Animal Skins in various ways
- Wild Edible, Medicinal and Utilitarian applications
- Traditional Hunting and Trapping methods
- Stalking, Natural Movement, and Camouflage
- Stewardship and Caretaker Ethics Emphasized
- Empowering our ecological footprint (your tracks)
- Traditional cooking and food preservation
- Container making, and More!